• The Clay County Utility Authority offers to buy Orange Park’s water and wast ewater system for $20 million. • The BCC accepts a payment of $81,500 to resolve $96,050 in county liens …
• The Clay County Utility Authority offers to buy Orange Park’s water and wast ewater system for $20 million.
• The BCC accepts a payment of $81,500 to resolve $96,050 in county liens held against property owner Jacinta Blackmon after she was awarded an undisclosed amount from the Florida Department of Transportation to resolve an eminent domain case that started 13 years earlier.
• Katherine Findlay works with the Walmart on Fleming Island to fill 25 backpacks with school supplies for children in the Exceptional Student Wing at Fleming Island Elementary.
10 years ago, 2013
• The county commission voted to advance plans to build the Big League Dreams complex in Middleburg.
20 years ago, 2003
• Father Moises Palaroan, the former pastor of St. Williams Catholic Church, is arrested for taking $196,707 in church funds.
• Orange Park Medical Center earns the designation as one of the Top 100 hospitals in the nation by Solucient Institute.
• Head custodian George Davis is given a surprise farewell party after he announces his retirement from Wilkinson Elementary.
30 years ago, 1993
• Green Cove Springs Interim City Manager Bob Paine withdraws his application as one of the 10 finalists for the full-time job.
• Ridgeview Junior High seeks approval for the school board after being established for three years.
40 years, 1983
• Ground is broken in Green Cove Springs for a new Barnett Bank.
• Former Clay County Sheriff’s Office investigator Gary Newman is selected as the chief of police for NAS Jacksonville.
• Green Cove Springs Police Chief is asked by Mayor George Killian to enforce the city’s littering laws.