This week's crime report for Clay County Florida, provided by the Clay County Sheriff's Office.
Word of the Week is a feature that aims to help readers boost their vocabulary in a meaningful way that has practical application. Each week, our editorial staff presents a word, its definition and …
Five years ago, 2018
• Oakleaf High’s Alexandria Ashanti Summerset and Oakleaf Junior High’s Rose Toledo are charged with making a false report of the use of a firearm at school.
• The Board of County Commissioners set up a public workshop to consider allowing teachers and staff members to bring weapons to schools for protection.
• Hundreds attent the annual Scottish Games at the Clay County Fairgrounds.
10 years ago, 2013
• The Clay County Education Association is challenging the termination of an Orange Park Junior High teacher for having a stun gun locked in a cabinet in her classroom.
• The traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall will make a stop in Green Cove Springs.
• Oakleaf High history teacher Mark Miller received the most donations in the Second “Kiss the Donkey” contest for the school’s Future Farmers of America club, and he had to kiss a donkey named “Bubba” as the prize.
20 years ago, 2003
• Clay County voters defeated a plan for a half-cent sales tax for Clay County District Schools.
• Orange Park Mayor Garry McIntyre denies allegations he imprisoned and and fondled a town employee in the presence of two eighth grade students.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here