Five years ago, 2015• Jim Furyk announces Orange Park High graduate Brad Ratzlaff and his family win a trip to a PGA TOUR event in Hawaii as part of Brad’s Dream Come True event at TPC …
Five years ago, 2015
• Jim Furyk announces Orange Park High graduate Brad Ratzlaff and his family win a trip to a PGA TOUR event in Hawaii as part of Brad’s Dream Come True event at TPC Sawgrass.
• The IRS revokes the nonprofit status of four athletic associations in the county as a response to the way the county commission doles out recreational leases.
• Two Orange Park teens – Drew Cox and Zachary Gray – are charged with animal cruelty after they shot a cow on a farm off County Road 315.
10 years ago, 2010
• County Commission candidate Doug Conkey and school board member Janice Kerekes glide to easy victories in the general election.
• Dick’s Wings & Grill opens in Lake Asbury.
• Best Buy Mobile and Cotton On announce a plan to open stories at the Orange Park Mall.
20 years ago, 2000
• The Board of County Commissioners approved a recommendation from the personnel and finance committee to secure a loan and build a satellite sheriff’s office in unincorporated Orange Park.
• Opponents of term limits unite to ask voters to reject a referendum on the General Election ballot that limits the amount of time a county commissioner can serve on the board.
• Phyllis Renninger resigns as the facilitator for the Clay County Shares Services Network to accept a fulltime job grant development and management position.
30 years, 1990
• Pete Dalton was installed as the chairman of the Clay County Committee of 100.
• The Clay County Planning Commission schedules a meeting to discuss a rezoning application to build the Quigley House.
• The annual Ham Jam opens at the Clay County Fairgrounds.
40 years ago, 1980
• Clay County voters give Ronald Reagan a resounding winning margin against Jimmy Carter for the presidency.
• The Middleburg United Methodist Church is designated as a Historic site.
• The Clay County Sheriff’s Office open an investigation into the death of Club 44 owner Willie Plummer.