Five years ago, 2016• Residents on Lewis Drive near the Green Cove Dragway said the county appraiser’s office told them their property value dropped by 20% because of the track.• The …
Five years ago, 2016
• Residents on Lewis Drive near the Green Cove Dragway said the county appraiser’s office told them their property value dropped by 20% because of the track.
• The Orange Park Town Council votes to extend the use of red-light cameras for another 120 days.
• VyStar Credit Union opens a branch inside Middleburg High.
10 years ago, 2011
• Green Cove Springs City Manager Danielle Judd earns high praise from the town council for her 34-page report on the city.
• Town-owned property at Gano and Debarry avenues is renamed “Somer’s Sunshine Park” in honor of the 7-year-old girl who was murdered two blocks away by a neighbor.
• A black bear from Camp Blanding breaks into a Macclenny home in the middle of night and took a birthday cake.
20 years ago, 2001
• Town officials draw up plans to protect residents against retaliation who file complaints with the Orange Park Code Enforcement staff.
• Keystone Heights’ Kerry Anne Thompson, a nurse at the Shands Burn Unit in Gainesville, goes to New York to assist with injuries sustained during the Sept. 11 terrorists attacks.