Five years ago, 2016
• Green Cove Dragway owner Peter Scalzo tells the city council there will be no more Friday night shows at his track at Reynolds Industrial Park and Saturday races will be completed by 10 p.m. after the council receives several noise complaints from residents.
• Coastal Spine of Pain, which had offices in Orange Park and Middleburg, agrees to pay a $7.4 million fine by performing medically unncecessary drug screen procedures.
• Kelly P. Williams’ move from Orange Park to New York City finally pays off when she lands a reoccurring role on CW’s “Gossip Girl.”
10 years ago, 2011
• The Orange Park Town Council passes a $25 million budget that means all 105 town employees with keep their jobs, despite the recession.
• The Clay County Sheriff’s Office asks the public for help identifying a man seen on video stealing $600 worth of electronic Bibles from Books-a-Million at the Orange Park Mall.
• Kellie Jo. Kilberg resigns as the chairman of the Clay County Chamber of Commerce.
20 years ago, 2001
• County commissioners are eager to hear what residents think of their plan to create a county-owned cable television service.
• Lightning struck the fireworks set-up on the Green Cove Springs City Pier an hour ahead of the scheduled Labor Day show.