Five years ago, 2018
• Mary Bolla pulled a $28,900 pay supplement request for Superintendent Addison Davis from the agenda after Davis helped advance the school district’s state grade …
Five years ago, 2018
• Mary Bolla pulled a $28,900 pay supplement request for Superintendent Addison Davis from the agenda after Davis helped advance the school district’s state grade from a B to an A.
• Former Marine Korey Shaffer created plaques for the Til Valhalla Project from his shop in Orange Park.
• After county voters approved a one mill increase for the school district, Superintendent Addison Davis said about half of the $11 million will be spent on employing school resource officers.
10 years ago, 2013
• The Green Cove Springs Police Department set up a drop box in the lobby so residents can safely dispose of unused prescriptions.
• The Florida Department of Transportation announced the toll road that will connect Interstate 10 west of Jacksonville, through Clay County to I-95 near St. Augustine will be called First Coast Expressway.
• Al Rizer is selected as the administrator for Custead Care Center in Orange Park.
20 years ago, 2003
• Ricky Rose died after he and his wife struck a horse wandering on County Road 220 while they were riding a motorcycle.
• The Clay County Board of County Commissioners agree to lower the millage rate for the next fiscal year.
• Doctors Inlet Elementary Principal Larry Davis took 43 students who were the highest achievers to lunch in a limousine to reward the school’s FCAT scores.
30 years ago, 1993
• Orange Park and Clay County firefighters picket at Orange Park Town Hall to protest the town’s proposal to cut three positions.
• The Clay County Sheriff’s Office investigated a stabbing of Timothy Finley at a Middleburg convenience store parking lot.
• Dale Eggers, who owns Foremost Liquors and the Road House in Orange Park, asked the BCC to extend alcohol sales on Sundays.
40 years ago, 1983
• CCSO uncovered $56,000 worth of marijuana plants growing in Clay Hill.
• Orange Park Town Council votes to allow bars to sell alcohol until 2 a.m.
• Janie L. Turner announced she will run to be the Supervisor of Elections.