Five years ago, 2015• The Clay High football team defeat Nature Coast, 40-28, to advance to the Class 5A state championship.• Ronnie Robinson expresses his anger to the rest of the Board of …
Five years ago, 2015
• The Clay High football team defeat Nature Coast, 40-28, to advance to the Class 5A state championship.
• Ronnie Robinson expresses his anger to the rest of the Board of County Commissioners after they vote to bypass him as the Chairman.
• Middleburg High wins a $5,000 wellness grant from the National Football League and the Florida Dairy Council.
10 years ago, 2010
• County Commissioner put their plans to open a landfill on hold until a new county manager is hired.
• Orange Park reduces its list of city managers to five – Mark Kutney, Sharon Kraus, Cynthia Hall, James Drumm and Robert Museuso.
• Former Clay High offensive lineman D.J. Scott earns a starting spot at East Carolina.
20 years ago, 2000
• Carol Vallencourt is selected as the Chairman of the Clay County School Board by other members of the board.
• County workers are concerned their health insurance may be affected by HCA’s lawsuit against Blue Cross/Blue Shield that asks for the insurance company to clarify rules for coverage.
• Clay County celebrates Cracker Day with more than 7,500 visitors at the Clay County Fairgrounds.
30 years ago, 1990
• Clay County Commissioners direct their attorney to write a letter to Sheriff Dalton Bray, demanding to see certain records for budgetary purposes.
• The Clay County Food Bank receives $25,000 from TPC Charities.
• The Cabul Lodge honors two students from Green Cove Elementary for their essays about Green Cove Springs.
40 years ago, 1980
• A grand jury is convened to study the circumstances behind the murder of businessman Willie Plummer.
• A collection agency is hired to collect $26,439 in delinquent electric bills in Green Cove Springs.
• An undercover operation at Orange Park High results in the expected arrest of 25 people.