Five years ago, 2016• County residents are left with downed trees and power lines after Hurricane Matthew skirts the Florida East Coast.• The dispute between the Orange Park Medical Center …
Five years ago, 2016
• County residents are left with downed trees and power lines after Hurricane Matthew skirts the Florida East Coast.
• The dispute between the Orange Park Medical Center and UF Health in Jacksonville continues as OPMC continues its request to open a trauma center and compete with the Jacksonville hospital.
• Former Orange Park High quarterback Jacob Mezera is selected the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Conference’s Offensive Player of the Week after leading Fort Hays State to a victory against Pittsburg State by throwing for 446 yards.
10 years ago, 2011
• The Board of County Commissioners put $1.3 million of the $2.5 million it took away from the Clay County Sheriff’s Office budget.
• Former Berean Baptist Church Associate Pastor said he’s innocent of secretly taking videos of girls changing their cloths in the church.
• A man was diagnosed with the West Nile virus is the first in Clay County in two years, according the health department.
20 years ago, 2001
• Authorities clear out the Clay County Administrative Building in Green Cove Springs after a small package is left on top of a mailbox. Bomb squad technicians eventually determined it wasn’t a bomb.
• Green Thumb, the country’s oldest and largest provider of mature-worker training employment honor Clay County Manager Robert Wilson, 73, as Florida’s Outstanding Older Worker of the Year.