Five years ago, 2016
• Darryl Daniels and Addison Davis win primaries for sheriff and superintendent, respectively, as Clay County voters send a strong message by ousting several incumbents.
• Car and RV dealership owner Clayton E. Revels, 86, a man who helped put Green Cove Springs on the map as “Little Detroit” dies.
• Delmar and Opal Lewis of Green Cove Springs celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary.
10 years ago, 2011
• The Clay County Animal Care and Control announces it will only take dogs and cats and would no longer accept exotic animals.
• Ted Hanner of Middleburg was sentenced to 18 days in jail for a boating accident that killed his son Travis Hanner, 17, and Halee Mickey, 15, on Black Creek.
• Jonathan Bodhi Meyers and Jennifer Lynn Baggett were arrested by the Clay County Sheriff’s Office and the Drug Enforcement Agency in Middleburg for conspiring to make methamphetamine.
20 years ago, 2001
• A Middleburg man is life-flighted to UF Health in Jacksonville after being struck in the head with a clothes iron by his roommate.
• The county’s first cases of the West Nile virus are confirmed in a green heron and horse.
• After getting funding from the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence’s “New Rural Shelter Services” grant, Quigley House opens a new center for victims of elder abuse.
30 years ago, 1991
• The architectural firm of Bhide and Hall of Orange Park are ranked as the top choice by the Clay County Commission to build a new four-story courthouse annex in Green Cove Springs.
• Keystone Heights Councilman Archie Green said missing personnel files from the vault may constitute Sunshine Law violations.
• Department of Transportation’s Warren McClaren tells Clay County it will receive $71 million to build and improve county roads.
40 years ago, 1981
• Keystone Heights plans its fourth Festival of Lakes celebration.
• The sheriff’s office conduct a gambling and drug bust at the Hibernia Inn on U.S. Highway 17 at the Black Creek Bridge.
• Clay County Library Director William Condon resigns after errors were reported in his travel expenses.