Five years ago, 2018 • Former Clay County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Detective Mark Andrews is charged with two misdemeanor counts for filing a false report and leving the scene of an …
Five years ago, 2018
• Former Clay County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Detective Mark Andrews is charged with two misdemeanor counts for filing a false report and leving the scene of an accident following at New Year’s Eve hit-and-run in Keystone Heights.
• The validity of nearly 3,000 voters are under scrutiny as the Supervisor of Elections Office delves into the specifics of mail forwarding services.
• School Board member Janice Kerekes questions the reappointment of an Oakleaf High teacher.
10 years ago, 2013
• Jacksonville Jaguars offensive tackle Tony Boselli is hired as the point man for a multi-sport complex known as Big League Dreams.
• A job fair at Middleburg High attracts more than 1,000 seeking hospital jobs at Ascension St. Vincent’s Medical Center Clay County.
• Legendary musician Dewey “Slim” Whitman, who sold more than 120 million records, is buried at Middleburg United Methodist Church Cemetary.
20 years ago, 2003
• L. Thomas McAnnally is selected as the “Citizen of the Year” by thr Green Cove Springs Rotary Club.
• Jason Elijah Bird is formally charged with nine counts of arson related to a series of fires in the Eagle Harbor neighborhood.
• Teen Court funding is threatened by the repealing of a $3 surcharge counties were allowed to add to traffic tickets.
30 years ago, 1993
• The Green Cove Springs Fire Department practiced their skills during a controlled burn to prevent forest fires.
• The Riverview Restaurant at the Clay County Port sustains $143,000 in damages by fire.
40 years ago, 1983
• The Board of County Commissioners voted to deny rezoning the land across from Clay High for a second convenience store and gas station.
• The BCC also voted to pay for the legal fees for Clay County Supervisor of Elections L.H. Lancaster’s defense in a lawsuit for sexual harassment.