Five years ago, 2016• State allocates $1 million to support Academies of Clay programs in the school district.• Quigley House hosts first 100-mile Ride for Victims’ Rights motorcycle …
Five years ago, 2016
• State allocates $1 million to support Academies of Clay programs in the school district.
• Quigley House hosts first 100-mile Ride for Victims’ Rights motorcycle run to raise awareness for abuse victims and biker safety.
• Baptist Clay earns certification as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital for a freestanding emergency center on Fleming Island.
10 years ago, 2011
• Reported domestic violence cases increase by 3.5% compared to a year ago and account for 48% of the county’s offenses, according to Quigley House.
• The Clay County Agriculture Fair closes after hosting a record 100,000 patrons.
• Paul Clark, affectionately known as the “Library Guy,” was honored by the Florida Legislature as the Librarian of the Year.
20 years ago, 2001
• Members of the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, Green Cove Springs and Orange Park police departments, DEA, Bradford County Sheriff’s Office, U.S. Marshalls and U.S. Attorney’s Office arrest 50 “high level” illegal drug suppliers and street dealers in Clay and Bradford counties.
• Green Cove Springs Fire Chief Richard Knoff is selected as the fire chief of the year by the state.